Combining Experience With Industry Insight
Construction transactions and litigation are high-stakes legal matters that require an attorney who goes beyond “dabbling” in this area of the law. The smallest error or oversight can have catastrophic consequences.
More Than 37 Years Of Construction Law Experience
Since he began his legal practice, construction law attorney R. Colt Kirkland has gained insight by representing both contractors/subcontractors, suppliers and project owners involved in serious disputes. While many cases have been resolved through mediation, he does not hesitate to take legal matters to trial.
R. Colt Kirkland also possesses insight unique to a construction lawyer. He has built two of his own homes and several buildings used for agricultural purposes in Marion County. This background has provided him with practical construction experience that is useful in anticipating potential construction disputes.
As owner, R. Colt Kirkland focuses his Ocala-based construction law practice on the following areas:
- Contract disputes among construction companies, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and project owners.
- Construction defects that involve improper techniques or materials
- Construction workouts that involve working through disputes to complete projects or preserve or dissolve the contractual relationships
- Collection actions involving reimbursements and nonpayment of construction materials
- Drafting and review of construction agreements
The Construction Lien Insight Industry Professionals Need
The attorney and staff at R. Colt Kirkland, P.A., possess specific experience and success in construction lien-related legal matters. This subset of construction law requires attention to every detail, not only with the language in the lien, but also adherence to procedures and deadlines in serving the document.
On behalf of material men, contractors and subcontractors, R. Colt Kirkland helps to secure the payments they are entitled to receive.